[Tigers] Fans

Tod Brown todbrown at roadrunner.com
Mon Oct 13 09:00:22 MDT 2008

Owain:

I have had great success with an aftermarket fan made by Derale, PN
17015.  You can find them at Summitracing.com for $41.39.  This is the
fan tested by the guys at TE/AE and you can read about it on their web
site (TEAE.org).  It is important to not skimp on the size of the fan
(i.e. the diameter) as the volume of air moved goes up exponentially
with the diameter.  I know some people have had difficulty fitting a 15
inch fan but it can be done (I did it) without any trimming.  It may be
necessary to raise the engine by shimming the motor mounts with washers
to clear the rack but it is worth it.  If anyone wants pictures, contact me.

Tod
B382002384LRXFE