[Tigers] Windshield Washer Question

Thomas Witt atwittsend at verizon.net
Sun Oct 19 23:29:03 MDT 2008

Steve,
  Many systems have an anti backflow valve (think of it as a diode for
fluid).  The purpose is to keep fluid from draining back in the line thus
you get your fluids flowing faster to the nozzle. It should be installed
after the pump. So, here are some thoughts:
 1. Maybe the valve isn't working?
 2. Maybe it is in backwards?
3. Maybe it is in the wrong place in the line?

Can you hear the pump load after a duration of use, or is it just that you
don't see any fluid for that time?    I the reason I ask is that the pump is
usually located below the reservoir and should basically be "primed."
Anyway, hope this gives you something to consider.
Tom Witt

[demime found a multipart/alternative section which it tried
to parse but could not find any section which it could render. Please send plain text.]