[Tigers] Roller 289

Tony Somebody achd73 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 18 11:34:21 MDT 2009

Jeff- have you dynoed your engine? Just wondering what kind of HP you managed to massage out of a 260 block.

To others who started this thread, I have a 5 bolt 289 and have had it in several cars, including 2 Tigers. I would grab another if I ever got the chance. Knowing how much abuse I put the engine thru, the last time I rebuilt it, I considered a roller cam and lifters. There is a kit but the necessary machine work to make the cam work was extremely costly or perhaps only lifters could be installed (memory problems exist)- no matter I decided to store the fresh engine and use a 5.0 HO engine when I go to a roller engine. know there is a hp gain when using the roller lifters but is it worth the machine work and cost. Also mentioned is the dist. gear requiring change if used with a roller cam. Is there a problem using roller lifters with a non roller cam because of the hardness-like w/ the dist. gear.
TtT