[Tigers] Cowl access ?

sralsten at ca.rr.com sralsten at ca.rr.com
Tue Jan 13 09:51:31 MST 2009

A couple weeks back I was playing with my hood dampers (the rubber pieces in top corners) One adjusted just fine, one was frozen. In trying to unfeeze it the rubber sheared off. It was a bit of a pain in the butt trying to remove it. The threaded portion was rusted. I've ordered a pair of new dampers but my question is how do I gain access underneath the cowl to rule out or repair other possible rust ?

What if anything would you do to the threaded hole from which the rusted damper was removed ?

Thanks for patience with my beginner questions.

Steve R
B9473720