[Tigers] Hurst Shifter Info Needed.

J. Nichols jxnichols at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 9 19:30:14 MDT 2009

Now that the transmission is out of my car, I'm thinking of putting in a Hurst
Shifter and have a few questions for the owners who have done the swap.  Is
this just a bolt in replacement without any modifications to the transmission
tunnel?  What about the reverse lockout, it looks like the Hurst doesn't have
one.  Can I just use the stock boot and ring even though the Hurst handle is
rectangular instead of round like the Ford shifter.  Thanks in advance for any
info.

                                    Jeff