[Tigers] Towing

sralsten at ca.rr.com sralsten at ca.rr.com
Fri Jun 26 23:38:35 MDT 2009

Well I certainly found a place with lots of choices and experience to ask my question.
After dinner tonight I was close to our local car dealer row so I browsed a bit.

Shocked at the lack of availability of a plain vanilla truck, no wonder these guys
are having sales problems. Ford dealer had about 25 vehicles ranging from $31K up.
Not a single one that didn't have extended cab of some sort and wasn't dripping
with packages. Chevy slightly better. Best looking new in stock option
I thought was a GMC Canyon with a 5.3L 320 ft lb V8 and 6000lb tow capacity
for $24k MSRP.

The prices I saw had me reconsidering the 1991 F150 I already own and just putting a
few thousand into it. It has a 351 Windsor ( about 380 torque I think) and load leveling rear shocks.

If I go with a new purchase I really want to support an American company.
On the other hand I could always buy a Mk2 to tow my Mk1 with ;^)

Steve R