[Tigers] Crossed wires - Part II

Randy Smith RSSmithIQ at cs.com
Tue Nov 3 13:01:27 MST 2009

Tony-

The Blue Permatex brand RTV is what I had problems with.  There are a
couple of slightly different blues out there, and maybe mine was a older
version.  I had that issue in 2002.  I also use the Ultra Grey.
Actually, that 's my favorite for gaskets.  That's the stuff they put
the Ford Powerstrokes together with at the factory and it seems to be a
bit more heavy duty.  By the way, it is available in "the states"!  I
have not had any bad experiences with the grey, so maybe it has a more
neutral PH.  Again, if any of you chemists more about this, I'd be
interested to hear.

-Randy

--

Randy Smith