[Tigers] Brake Switch

Robin Young robin02 at mindspring.com
Mon Oct 12 07:43:35 MDT 2009

I just noticed thar my MKII now required very heavy pressure on the pedal to
turn on the brake lights.  I have silicone fluid in the system now, would
changing back to GTLMA, and or, replacing the brake light switch solve the
problem.  Or is Ron Fraser's post to change to a mechanical switch the way
to go?

Thanks Rich

Rich,

I use DOT 5 also and have the problem of failing brake light switches.  I
just keep one on hand and change it out when needed.  No air is introduced
with the change and it takes about five minutes. SO far, I have used four
switches in five years since going to the Dot 5.  RObin