[Tigers] Crane ignition + dizzy

Sandy Ganz sganz at pacbell.net
Wed Oct 21 09:33:27 MDT 2009

Wally

I had only run a 6A a long long time ago (1980's), and have only used
the 6-Digital's in cars  and have had very good luck so far. The old ones are
old technology and not sure if they ever did a redo on them. I think they are
the only ignition allowed in Nascar but they are allowed 2 units in the cars
so that may say something ;) And anything that uses a pill for rev limit is
not anything I want, the digital stuff lets you set and forget.

The funny
thing is that off of ebay I was looking for some garage junk and found someone
selling a MSD countertop display where they have a MSD 6 and a large electrode
and you can rev it up and switch between the regular ignition and MSD, got it
for fun but might have some use for testing units as it seems some are
problematic.. The HI6 was designed by one of the MSD engineers was the rumor,
and if not by Crane I would have got one to try.

Sandy

[snip]