[Tigers] Battery over flow

Steve Laifman SLaifman at SoCal.rr.com
Sun Oct 25 12:12:15 MST 2009

I agree with Steve W. and have been using Optima sealed batteries for
many years, on all my cars.  Never had a leak issue.  The Tiger comes
with a plastic battery tray, but this is a sealed battery - with no
provisions for "topping-off".

It should be recommended that a "Battery Tender" brand of charger be
left on the battery while garaged for any significant time.  It attaches
with a quick disconnect and will not boil-away the fluids.

It sells for about $70, and I bought some at "Pep Boys".

http://www.batterytender.com/default.php?cPath=11_2

The Battery Tender Plus is a 1.25 amp battery charger designed to fully charge a battery and maintain it at proper storage voltage without the damaging effects caused by *trickle chargers*. Included is a quick connect harness for hard to reach areas.

Steve

___
Steve Laifman
Editor - TigersUnited.com