[Tigers] clunker program

C. Robert Bernardino, MD FACS crbernardino at mac.com
Sat Sep 5 15:55:22 MDT 2009

I so not know the specifc of why a doctor charged $350 to have your
son wiggle his feet. What I can tell you as a physician is that we do
not get to charge $350 for simple things like that. Perhaps the
hospital charged $350 but I can assure you doctors do not get to
charge 350 for examinations. I don't even get paid that to do many
surgeries. Plumbers make more unclogging a drain as an emerency then
me sewing an eyelid back on a persons face. And most of the time I
bill I do not get paid. How many of you are still paying off you
student loans and will be for the next 20 years - I would love to put
that money towards the Tiger but can't  I do agree with a lot of this
talk about cash for clunckers but if you want to drag medicine into it
without the facts, I warn you.

I am 5'8" one buck and a half, don't know martial arts nor do not have
a gun. However after the fight is over I will patch you up whether I
get paid or not.

Rob in CT

C. Robert Bernardino, MD FACS
Associate Professor of Ophthalmology