[Tigers] All Four Wheels Up?

Jeffers jeffers at mwt.net
Wed Apr 7 20:42:59 MDT 2010

Mauro

I set this email out to to 2 list members about 2 years ago.  I'll resend it to you so you can see the pictures.

Tom

It appears there are as many different ways to remove the engine as
people who have done it.  I have done this twice in the last year or so
and I can share some pictures.  Put the car up on jack stands about 16
to 20 inches and keep it level.  See pictures.  I have found that a
piece of plywood about 20 inches square will balance the front cross
member and still allow you to remove and replace the bolts.  The balance
point is easier to find with the cross member out so have several people
helping when you remove it the first time.  Again see pictures.  When I
lowered the engine and transmission to the ground I put it on 2 car
dollys.  See picture.  I had to put a block of wood on the dolly under
the oilpan to keep the front of the pan off the floor.  You want it as
close to the floor as possible and able to swivel 90 degrees to remove
it from the wheel well.

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of 100_1248.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of 100_1249.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of 100_1252.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of IMG_3536.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of IMG_3537.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of S4300129.JPG]