[Tigers] is userlist doa, and jack stands

rande rande at thecia.net
Thu Apr 8 05:26:21 MDT 2010

1/ If you thought the list was dead yesterday, what do you think this morning?
57 postings overnight for me, almost all Tiger folks.It's working.

2/ Four jack stands. For me, that's most of the time. Two just in front of the
rear lower valance about four feet apart. Two in front on the flat area just
behind  where the wheel wells are, on each side. Drivetrain is out, crossmember,
suspension/wheels and complete rear axle still on car. I only take it down when
I have to reposition the car to move around stuff in front of it. For safety
reasons, I'll add support from a floor jack on the end I'm working underneath
if I'm hammering anything. And my stands are cast iron. I don't have a hoist,
and I like the ground clearance I get from the stands when I'm trying to save
time by having the stands already tested and in place.