[Tigers] Engine Paint Colors - again

Joel Martin jmartiniii at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 16 11:25:47 MDT 2010

Dave/Ron
I am leaning towards following the advice found in the Ford Engine
colors guide link supplied.
With a B19KC motor designation for a 1966 MK 1A,
this guide indicates for 1966 - 1968 Corporate Ford Blue or Duplicolor DE 1621
(Old Ford Blue).

    BON just indicates 'Old Ford Dark Blue'.  The guide use
verbage Old Ford Blue DE1601 for 63-65, Corporate Ford Blue DE 1621 (Old Ford
Blue) for 1966-1968 and Ford Blue DE 1606 (Ford Dark Blue) for 1969-1981.
None of the DE descriptions uses "all" the verbage from BON of 'Old Ford Dark
Blue'.

Not the low road (lighter DE1601) or the high/darker road DE1606 but
straight down the middle - DE1621 based on the year 1966 from the Ford Engine
Colors guide and BON (Guess) that B382000601 to end is Old Ford Dark Blue -
what ever that is based on Duplicolor descriptions.

Joel

----- Original
Message ----