[Tigers] Tire Blow out

mike schreiner mikeflbmer at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 17 11:47:40 MDT 2010

I once had a right rear tire blow out in my Tiger at 75MPH, passing a semi on I 95 (coming back to florida from Charleston SC meet......Very scary....I threw my cold beer on the floor an weld on....no one hit me and I came to a rest on the shoulder with foot on the brake,both hands on the wheel and stalled in gear....just 22 of my feet from the tree line....most of tire was 50 yards behing in the road....shredded wire from the belt took off paint on the fender lip.....I was shacky for an hour after that, but dug out my spare and went on home...problem is I had discover a nail and plugged that tire and added the liguid sealer...when florida sun heated everything up it blew...I will NEVER plug a tire again!   mike