[Tigers] Tigers Digest, Vol 4, Issue 184

Cullen McCann cmccann at lwpb.com
Wed Apr 28 09:33:55 MDT 2010

Hey Darrell,

Great minds think alike, and have common taste maybe? I have a 69 also!   And
while I haven't experienced the issue that Jeff speaks about with fuel boiling
in the carb, I agree the sender is probably more accurate at the manifold
where the coolant cant get an average temp at a more centralized location
rather than in just one bank, but honestly it probably doesn't matter much.
But I don't know which is "correct" on the Tiger, as my Tiger is *still*
apart, and I bought it without motor and transmission. My early bronco has the
heater hose with the flow valve to the heater in the upper hose that comes off
the manifold just behind the thermostat housing, and the lower heater hose is
off the water pump. I'm pretty sure its OEM setup, if that helps. I don't
recall off the top of my head where the sender is on the truck from the
factory.

Jeff, if you need a photo of the motor bay on the bronco undisturbed, I have a
shot of my truck prior to restoration from under the hood, and its pretty
clear...that doesn't help your Tiger but EB's I can help with!

BTW, I highly recommend the old broncos as an enthusiasts interpretation on a
function vintage ford utility. They are just cool all day long to
me......IMHO....

;)

Cullen
Tiger 1452
Bronco 69'
Pantera 3925

Jeff,
You brought up an interesting point (as an incidental).  As a Tiger owner I
also have two Early Broncos, a '69 and a '73.  I also know other Tiger
owners who have EBs.  Any listers care to chime in on their ownership of
both marques?
Darrell