[Tigers] driving lights

Thomas Witt atwittsend at verizon.net
Tue Apr 12 22:25:57 MDT 2011

>>> look for a set of aircraft landing lights. they would probably be
>>> bright.<<<

Back in the late 70's / early 80's those of use with the four headlight
configuration (Datsun 510's for example) would run the 100 watt aircraft
landing lights in the high beam buckets. The unobscured filament, silver
reflector and clear lens would throw light for BLOCKS! Back then they were
about $5 each.

Years ago I found a set of "Trophy" Halogen headlights at Pick N Pull on a
Pinto. No name, but a trophy image formed into the center. Never seen
another set before - or after.   Virtually nothing on the web about them.  I
think they were made in Brazil.  I recall someone telling me they may have
been a K-Mart (or similar) "halogen upgrade" for standard bulbs.  Anyway,
they may be nothing special, but I'm probably going to be the only Tiger
with a set of these "70's correct" replacement bulbs.

Tom