[Tigers] Muffler

Rense, Mark (GE, Appl & Light) mark.rense at ge.com
Fri Feb 11 10:07:50 MST 2011

Bob,
I have always believed that stealth is an integral part of not getting
points on your license, so I don't car for overly loud cars or bikes.
These Dynomaxs' are what I used on my 289 Tiger , some may argue they
are a bit too quiet but I like not having a loud drone when inside the
car. They are not expensive, flow reasonably well (over 600 SCFM), they
fit, and seem to last.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/WLK-17762/

Walker Dynomax has a page where you can hear the different mufflers, you
be the judge.

http://www.dynomax.com/soundsofdynomax.php

When I first bought my black Tiger, the PO had put on 2" straight
through pipes out the back, the car sounded awful, reminded me of an old
Falcon Econoline van I had in college. Adding a set of turbo mufflers to
that car gave it a quieter but much better exhaust note.

Bugz