[Tigers] Girling Servo (5") Rebuild Question

Bill Waite fordlandia at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 13 12:51:38 MST 2011

Years ago, I successfully rebuilt our Mark II's Girling servo unit (has worked
great for last 7 years).  Now I'm wanting to rebuild the 5" unit (the one from
my Mark I).

Upon dis-assembly,  it appears to be a good rebuild candidate except for one
major item: the primary vacuum piston leather seal.  It is damaged and not
usable.

Is there a source for replacement leather seals?  The standard rebuild kits
come with the rubber "insert" that fits beneath the leather seal... I'm
talking about the leather seal itself.

If not... I'm in the market for a vacuum piston with good leather seal (or if
necessary... an entire rebuild-able Girling MKIIA 5" servo.

Regards,

Bill Waite
Grand Rapids, MI