[Tigers] S2 gas gauge

Tony Somebody achd73 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 8 23:08:01 MDT 2012

Needed help locating an orginal S2 gas gauge. I freed the sending unit from
the evaporating ersgas and years of setting and although they may not be the
correct resistance numbres, at least there is a scale as the float rises and
falls. I wanted to use a S5 gauge but that required wiring in the voltage
stabiliser and knowing the difference in ohms from a S5 sending unit to a
S2 and my Scothish friend prefers we use an orginal gauge which is great with
me- I just want to work on my own projects. Im also having a problem stoping a
leak between the two S5 carbs- I used an engine from a  S5 parts car which
Hughie had rebuilt but 3 different sets of carbs and they all leaked from the
connecting tube- there has to be a fix Im not aware of. Any suggestions and
help finding a working S2 gas gauge and info on stopping the leak is more than
appreciated. THANKs in advance,

Tony Lang (TtT)