[Tigers] National all British car show information

Mark Olson mark.olson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 16:01:40 MDT 2012

Guys,

I was contacted by the organizer of a National all British car show called
British Car Week National Meet.  His name is Barrett Harrison
(barrett10 at sbcglobal.net, 870-780-5871).

Here's the content of an email he sent me with more information:

"Thanks for the info. The purpose is twofold. One is to help get the word
out about the national meet. We need and want Sunbeams to participate. We
had over two thousand people show up this year just to see the cars and
everyone wanted to see the "Get Smart" car. We didn't have a single Tiger at
the Meet. Two, one of the many things going on during next year's British
Car Week National Meet is a President's Trophy or Cup. There will be several
events take place. Each National Club will sign up members to participate in
the different events and earn points. The Club with the most points wins the
"Presidents Cup". the events are a TSD Rally, Golf, Lawn Bowling, Poker Run,
Slalom Event, Funkhana, Car Show etc etc..  lots of fun.  Maybe you can help
us get the Tigers involved."

"Next year's National Meet is May 29 - June 2 in Hot Springs Village
Arkansas.  www.britishcarweeknationalmeet.org
<http://www.britishcarweeknationalmeet.org/> "

Here is the content of a flyer he sent me:

"If you are not your British Club President Please Forward this to the
correct person immediately."

"Attention Club Presidents:

British Car Week National Meet

May 29 - June 2, 2013

Hot Springs Village Arkansas

National British Car Club Competition

President's Cup"

"To add to the fun at next year's British Car Week National Meet there will
be a National British Car Club Presidents Trophy Awarded.

Each National British Car Club President will be asked to enter members of
their particular club in each of the following events. Points will be
awarded for each event and a Trophy awarded to the Club President whose team
accumulates the most points."

"All events will take place during the National Meet. The exact date, time
and location for each event will be announced at a later date."

"The events are as follows:"

"All Things British Concours d'Elegance. (Each Club President is asked to
enter two (2) cars. Find the VERY BEST cars in your club from around the
country.

British Car Week National Meet Popular Vote Show. (Each Club President will
be awarded points for the total number cars participating and extra points
for any class winners.)

Golf Tournament (Each Club President will enter two members to compete in a
two man scramble Golf Tournament)

TSD Rally (Each Club President will enter a two man team in the TSD Rally)

Lawn Bowling (One person needed to represent your Club in Lawn Bowling) Club
Presidents encouraged to fill this spot themselves.

Funkhana (One two man team)

Digital Camera Scavenger Hunt (One two Man team)

Slalom Competition (One car/one participant needed)

Poker Run (One person/One Car)

Rocker Box (Valve Cover) Racing (One person from your club or your club can
sponsor a youth team from the Boys and Girls Club at the event)"

"The Team that scores the most points from all the events wins. The Club
President or his or her representative will be presented a trophy.  A
donation will be made to the Boys and Girls Club in the name of the winning
club.

You are strongly encouraged to inform your membership of this event. We hope
that each club might have some sort of competition over the next 8 months to
determine who they send to represent them in each event.

Many of these events will be open to all British Car Week Participants. Your
members/team will be allowed to participate as individuals in the event they
are competing in for your Club. There will be individual awards for each
event too."

"(Ex: The MGA Club team in the TSD Rally can also compete as individual BCW
participants)"

"Please direct any questions or suggestions to me;

     Barrett Harrison

     870-780-5871

barrett10 at sbcglobal.net"

"Please watch the web site for additional information and updates.

Cheers!

Barry"

I assume someone on the list will get this to the appropriate club
presidents.

Thanks,

Mark