[Tigers] Hardtop Quarter Window Fasteners?

Terry Packer packertl3 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 27 17:59:58 MDT 2012

I'm in need of some replacement screws used to assemble hardtop quarter windows. Having not found them listed among Tiger fasteners etc, I'm hoping someone out there who's redone a hardtop happens to know their sizes and thread pitch.

Each frame has 3 rails which surround the window, which are joined at each corner with two types of screws. The rail which carries the hinge requires 4 screws entirely inside the rail. They are slotted flat-head countersunk screws with a course sheet-metal-like thread. The other 8 screws are visible on the outside of the window frames and so are slotted oval-head countersunk machine screws. They appear to have been chromed originally. Both types of screws are quite small - about #4. But neither matches the #4/40 pitch of the fasteners my hardware store carries. I suppose they might be #5 as I didn't have any to compare, or perhaps nothing about them is SAE spec at all.

This is a pretty obscure piece of information. But if you can ID these two types of screws I'd appreciate hearing from you. This information could also be added to the fastener list available on the Tigers United website.

Thanks
Terry Packer
9470018