[Tigers] Quarter Window Screws

Terry Packer packertl3 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 28 08:06:39 MDT 2012

Thanks Jim. As I'm just starting this project the parts references are sure to
come in handy. I found another Alpine parts list which includes a nice
breakdown of hardtop parts including the quarterlight windows. Unfortunately,
it doesn't itemize the 3 window frame rails or the screws used to assemble
them.  It's starting to seem likely those screws won't appear in any of the
parts lists.

So if anybody in Tigerland has replaced a hardtop quarterlight
glass and has already ID'd the two sizes & types of screws used to assemble
the window frame, your input would be greatly appreciated!

Terry
9470018
*******************

Each frame has 3 rails which surround the window, which
are joined at
each corner with two types of screws. The rail which carries
the hinge
requires 4 screws entirely inside the rail. They are slotted
flat-head
countersunk screws with a course sheet-metal-like thread. The other
8
screws are visible on the outside of the window frames and so are
slotted
oval-head countersunk machine screws. They appear to have been
chromed
originally. Both types of screws are quite small - about #4. But neither
matches the #4/40 pitch of the fasteners my hardware store
carries.