[Tigers] Re-veneering the dash

Gary Winblad garywinblad at comcast.net
Thu Jun 7 13:17:38 MDT 2012

Well, there is "right" and there is "Prestige".  There is no way any Tiger came with a dash
with that perfect mirror finish!
I think it should be burled but not that burled... it was a cheaper cut so to speak, probably
like your store was telling you.  It has burls (and every car is different) but not that many
like what you buy now as burled.  But NOT just plain Walnut!!
And it should be dark like the protected bottom edge.  Dark walnut stain is what I think
I used.  The dash had a clear plastic type finish.  The steering wheel had an almost
opaque brown finish, the wood grain hardly shows, it looked almost like brown plastic.

Gary