[Tigers] 2012 Australian Sunbeam National

Wally Menke walmenke at bigpond.net.au
Thu Jun 14 05:01:41 MDT 2012

Hi All

Yes a great weekend at Ballarat, lots of nice cars. I will send a few
photo's as well for Michael to post.

It's actually a Nissan SR20 motor and goes like stink! These motors were
used in what we call here the SX200 Nissan (Silvia in Japan) and a few other
models and are considered a really good engine. John the guy who owns it
from Sydney was going to put a turbo on it but it has plenty of go as it is.
With a turbo it would potentially be an 11 second 1/4 mile car and leave
just about any tiger behind. A few years ago I came across a guy at a swap
meet who put one of these engines in a Mk1 Ford Cortina which had been timed
at about 11.5 secs.

Wally Menke