[Tigers] Originality: water hoses

Allan Ballard aballard at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jun 28 05:19:44 MDT 2012

Thanks folks,

The information is very helpful - I think I understand the factory
configuration  now.

I'm missing the "T" piece on the driver's side and will need to search
for one, but do have
the passenger side "T" piece.

But for folks who chose the LAT 1 option, was the hose routing modified?

Assuming the factory setup as a starting point, as a practical matter
when the 2 barrel carb
and intake were removed and the hi-rise intake and 4 barrel carb were
installed, the hoses that
routed water beneath the 2 barrel carb were no longer needed.

But the "T" pieces have a function in addition to routing water beneath
the carb.  The hoses
change diameter at either end, and the "T" pieces accommodate the change.

When LAT 1 was installed, were the "T" pieces kept with the unneeded "T"
capped off?

Or perhaps another hose joiner in place of the "T" fitting was available
to accommodate the
change in hose diameter, or possibly force was used to stretch hoses
over the fitting on the big end.

Rgds,

Allan Ballard
Atlanta, GA