[Tigers] I've always wondered about that.

Jeffrey Nichols jxnichols at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 20 18:20:53 MDT 2012

"Yes it was back halved with a clean Series 5 Alpine, that's why I showed
pictures of the trunk, rear shelf, and seam. I could not get specifics as to
when it was done. I am a TAC inspector and Patrick King, Norm Miller, Terry
Curry, Mike Andres, Don Whitely have all looked at the car.

They are all TAC inspectors and there is no doubt that it is a real MKII and
it is TAC able. It is available if anyone is looking to restore a MKII. "

It appears you answered the age old question of how much bodywork and frame
can you replace in a Tiger from a non-Tiger source (Alpine) and still get a
TAC certificate : 50% !!!!!!

Jeff