[Tigers] Frozen Calipers

Ron Fraser rfraser at bluefrog.com
Mon Aug 12 11:51:07 MDT 2013

Carl
	You need to heat the bolts and probably the casting the bolt goes
through if nothing else is working.

I only have a propane torch to heat with and that should work for you but it
will take time.

Turn the bolt while it is hot; if it turns apply ATF and keep turning if it
stops turning apply heat until it turns again, if it does not turn at all
apply more heat.

Torque to install those bolts is 60 ft lbs

I only use ATF to loosen bolts; it mostly just smokes when hot but it can
flare up so be aware and have a way to extinguish any of the products you
already applied to those bolts when you use heat.

I like to heat some then apply ATF and let it set a few minutes.  The heat
will help suck the ATF into the bolt area and the rust.

The top bolt has about an inch of shoulder that could be rusted to
everything; the lower bolt has less shoulder but is probably rusted the same
way.

Ron Fraser