[Tigers] LED dash lights

genepadgett at comcast.net genepadgett at comcast.net
Sat Feb 2 16:41:47 MST 2013

If you wanted to try an inexpensive alternative first, try a set of incandescent 1446 bulbs. This was an upgrade suggested in the old CAT Shop Notes back in the 70's. I recently bought a set of 10 bulbs off of ebay for $10.28. FYI, you might find them at a model railroading store as well.

My dash is out of the car right now so I cannot say how good they are. I did hook up one in a bulb holder and put 12 volts power to it. It seemed pretty bright to me. Not sure how old your bulbs are in your car now. Some of my gauge bulbs are original to the car from 1967. I noticed there was a significant metallic looking film inside. Probably from the filament vaporizing over time. I am thinking that is what is making the bulbs dimmer than we would like them to be, especially if they are fairly old.

Gene