[Tigers] Facet Fuel Pump Noise

Stu sabre2tgr at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 19:26:29 MST 2014

I just replaced my ancient Facet pump with a new one (40104)  The old one
was quite noisy when dry or vapor locked, but settled down to a gentle
clatter when actually pumping fuel.  The new one is maybe a little noisier
when dry, but still makes quite a clattering commotion when wet.  It is
bolted directly to sheet metal, not rubber isolated or anything.  And once
the engine starts, it is drowned out.  It seems to be pumping OK.

I'm just curious, is this normal for the Facets of today?

Stu