[Tigers] sunbeam v8 car

Thomas Witt atwittsend at verizon.net
Fri Jan 3 11:12:01 MST 2014

>>>I have gotten in trouble for claiming that I know a real Tiger or an
>>>Alger when I see one, ...<<<

Cullen,
  I think we need to be careful what and how we address a non-authentic
appearing Tiger.  But, that said I don't see anything wrong with asking
questions or making statements about things that are suspect.  I mean, how
would you feel meeting a guy who paid LARGE for a Sunbeam - and then found
out it wasn't an authentic Tiger?  All the time knowing you saw something
that didn't seem right and never said anything.  For all we know that guy
might have been monitoring this list.

For sure we need to be careful not to unnecessarily cast doubt on an
authentic Tiger, and potentially causing it to sell for less than it should.
But I do believe there is a balance that needs to be struck between saying
nothing, and casting suspicion upon every car listed as a Tiger.

BTW, of the four Alpine's in your other email..., I like the cheapest one
best.  Which brings up another thought. I wonder if anyone has ever accused
a Tiger of being converted into an Alpine?  LOL  I say that somewhat joking,
but it does make an interesting point.

Tom