[Tigers] Short v Long Shifters

Jay Laifman jay.laifman at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 11:38:53 MST 2014

This is my opinion.  Don't read any further if you don't want to hear my
opinion!  :-)

And again Larry, please please please do not take this as being
argumentative or not respecting your thoughts.  I'm just expressing
different thoughts.

I guess I see it like movie critics.  After a while, you get a sense of
whether you are likely to agree with a particular critic's opinions.  The
same thing goes for cars.  After a while, you get a sense of whether a
particular commentator's posts match your view or concerns, and if you'd
likely agree with what they say.

This original post asked if there is an "advantage" to short shifters.  The
word "advantage" is quite broad.  It can mean mechanical advantage, speed
advantage,  enjoyment advantage or heck, even looks advantage.  There is no
telling for certain.

So, for me, I certainly appreciate comments that run the gamut.  This group
is so light on posts that if a few stray from a narrow meaning, it's ok
with me.  I'll stop reading and delete, if I'm so moved (but I never do, as
I enjoy them all - and I always read every word of yours).

All the best,
Jay