[Tigers] Tiger Short Shifter and Alternatives

Lynn cars at wt-inc.com
Fri Jan 24 13:31:35 MST 2014

Listen,

I agree with everything everyone has said.  But the answer is much more
definitive and..... short.

Question:
Is a short shifter better or worse?

Answer:
It depends on your definition of better or worse.

There it is.  The only correct answer in 30 or so emails

Now for my contribution to the anecdotal evidence pile.

My 6'1" frame has never noticed a "reach" for 3rd gear.  I have my seat all
the way back.

My short shifter requires more force than my longer shifter.  Part of that
is leverage, part of that may be the 50 years of crud that resides in the
mechanism, part of that may be some error I made when I rebuilt the unit.  I
have the stock linkage

My short lever looks better than the long lever..... to me.

"Throw" usually refers to the distance a shifter knob travels between gears.
Above the floor board, not below the floor board.