[Tigers] Tire choices for 13" LAT 70

Dave Munroe dave at munroe.ca
Tue Mar 4 17:11:25 MST 2014

Hi Mark:

Two things: I have spent enough time in Switzerland to know that it is
likely one of the most expensive places to buy performance parts and tires
in Western Europe. (NO better place on earth to wear them out on incredible
roads tho' !)A trip across the border to Germany saves quite a bit of money,
part by part  - tire by tire.

Second: I bought a set of Minilites (5.5 and 6.0 x 15") and four European
spec performance Yokohama tires from a company in Birmingham, England for
less than $900 CAD. Shipping was extra and not relevant to this conversation
because I got lucky and hitched a ride for them on a pallet shipbound for
Halifax (my home town) which is a port city on the east coast of Canada.
(Cheap!!)

http://www.midlandwheels.com/Shop/P-2985-5.5-x-15-JBW-Minilight-Silver---5x108.html#
(Scroll down to the sets of four wheels, tires, center caps and bolts.)
Note the prices include VAT which is quite high - in the range of 15%+ which
is deducted from these prices.

I don't know how much UPS charges would be, but I imagine quite spendy.

Dave

Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tire choices for 13" LAT 70