[Tigers] Tire choices for 13" LAT 70

mwood24020 at aol.com mwood24020 at aol.com
Tue Mar 4 18:31:12 MST 2014

205/60-13 in a relatively soft sidewall tire (Falken ZE-912) is too
much for a 5.5" rim. Yes, you "can" do it...but, it is not optimal. You
will have more grip (particularly forward), lower steering effort and
much better turn in with a tire that isn't so pinched.

A 185/70 is a better size. You can run a 205 on the 5.5", if you go to
a stiffer sidewall design, like the Toyo RA-1, with what I would
consider good results.