[Tigers] FIller neck vent question

CoolVT at aol.com CoolVT at aol.com
Mon Mar 31 19:41:45 MDT 2014

Stu,
Hard to find a woman like that.  Good catch :-)

In a message dated 3/31/2014 9:38:34 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
stubrennan at comcast.net writes:

Back in  the day, I filled the tank of the Tiger, probably for the first
time.  It was a sunny Sunday morning, girlfriend of a few months in  the
passenger seat, picnic basket in the trunk, as we headed for a TE/AE
gathering down in Rhode Island.  I smelled a bit of gas when I filled  it,
but, that happens...

So I get to the "S" curves on 95 down  toward Providence, and suddenly the
gas smell is really strong.   Moments later a motorcycle guy pulls up
beside
me and yells "You're  leaking gas!!"  I was right at an exit, so I pulled
off, and into a  gas station right at the end of the ramp.  Investigating
in
the  trunk, I found that the balance hose had cracked right where the hose
attaches to the driver's side tank, and when all the gas rushed to one
side,
out it came, dripping out the drain at the bottom of the  fender.

Talk about luck.  This was a REAL gas station like they  had in the old
days,
with repair bays, lots of spares hanging around, and  what not.  The
mechanic
wasn't there, but the pump attendant knew  they had a variety of hose
sizes...  A few bucks later I had a new  hose in place.  I dumped some
water
through to flush out as much gas  as I could, and we were on our way.
Note:
Gas fumes do nothing to  enhance the taste of most types of sandwiches...

Oh, she married me  anyway.

Stu

tigers at autox.team.net

Archive:  http://www.team.net/archive