[Tigers] Thompson Speedway in CT

Stu Brennan stubrennan at comcast.net
Thu May 8 17:57:34 MDT 2014

Those of you in the Northeast with sufficient quantities of grey, or long
departed hair, will recall that there was also a road course at the Thompson
Speedway in northeast Connecticut. Historic photos from back in the day show
everything from Jaguars to MGbs to Allards, Porsches, and Maseratibs
competing on the track. It operated in several configurations from the early
b50bs until the late b70bs, after which only the short oval on the site
continued to host racing.

Until this year.  Thompson's  grand re-opening of the oldest road racing
course in the United States will be celebrated by a combined VRG and VSCCA
Vintage racing program on the June 27 b 29 weekend. A car show is also
planned. As I write this, they havenbt posted all the details on their web
page yet, but it promises to be a great show. Check it out at:

http://www.thompsonspeedway.com/events/vintage-motorsports-festival

I hope to get down there for at least one of the days, maybe with the Tiger,
depending on the details of the planned car show.

And don't forget:  British Car Day at Lars Anderson in Brookline is the
weekend before, June 22.  There will likely be around 200 of everything
British on wheels, dripping oil on the museum's lawn.  Museum details are
at:

http://larzanderson.org/

I hope to see you at one or both of these!

Stu