[Tigers] Steel Shim Head Gaskets

Robert D. Hogan robertdhogan at gmail.com
Wed May 14 14:33:07 MDT 2014

When I last assembled my 289 around 1975 or '76, I used C8FE-6803A steel
shim head gaskets, probably parts for a Boss 302, that now are 0.023" in
thickness.  All of my attempts to find these C8FE-6803A gaskets as
replacements have failed.  The Ford Racing Parts lists show 0.040" thick
gaskets.  There are Cometic Head Gaskets for Ford Small Block AFR Heads
4.030 .027 on e-bay but the cost is $98.  Whether these gaskets will work
with the 289K engine iron HiPo heads is unknown. The main reason in seeking
these gaskets is to minimize the gasket volume and maximize or maintain the
11:1 or better compression ratio.
Anyone know if there are alternative steel shim head gaskets that compress
to 0.023" or somewhere near that thickness that have a more reasonable
(i.e. $40 a pair) cost.  There are lower cost head gaskets, but at greater
thicknesses.
   [image: Item picture]ENDING
SOON<http://www.ebay.com/itm/281311509191?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648>
  Cometic Head Gasket for Ford Small Block AFR Heads 4.030 .027 In MLS
C5909-027<http://www.ebay.com/itm/281311509191?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649>