[Tigers] Engine Bay/cabin grommets

Ron Fraser rfraser at bluefrog.com
Fri May 23 11:00:02 MDT 2014

Gene
    I don't recall there being a grommet on the inside but then I did not
have the grommet for the outer washer tube on my Tiger when I bought it.
I'm not sure there is any room to add a grommet there on the inside; looks
too tight on my Tiger.  I have Tygon tubing for the washer; not sure if the
original tubing has smaller OD.

My air boxes are in my Tiger so I can't see there.  This sheet metal should
be symmetrical side to side.   Whatever is on you drivers side should be
there for the RHD cars.

My thought is that a hole that big should have a plug.

I have seen some web sites of people restoring a Tiger or Alpine and they
have pictures of the bare inside sheet metal.  I'm not sure I saved any to
those pictures; I'll have to look.  Maybe someone else on the List has a
picture of the bare dash sheet metal.

Ron Fraser