[Tigers] Throttle cable bracket

Andy Walker awtiger at cox.net
Fri May 23 21:53:20 MDT 2014

Hey, guys:

Question number.well, I've forgotten now how many I've asked.  This one has
to do with throttle cable brackets.  I have two brackets in my parts stash
but, oddly enough, one is shorter than the other.  I measured both of them
by laying them on a table on their backs with the bent part of the bracket
sticking up, then measured across the top of them from one end to the other
(if that makes any sense).  Due to the nature of their bends, I tried to
measure them from the center of one end to the center of the other end and
here's what I came up with.one bracket is approximately 4 1/8" long and the
other is approximately 3 5/8" long.  As you may remember, I have a mid-run
Mk1A (B382001600) in case it makes any difference.  Does anyone know which
bracket I am supposed to use on a stock application?  Better yet, can anyone
educate me on why I have two different length throttle cable brackets?

As always, thanks very much for the help,

Andy Walker

Edmond, OK