[Tigers] Top boot strap

Dave dave at munroe.ca
Sat Aug 8 13:33:00 MDT 2015

Joel:

Those straps are for supporting the convertible top cover when the hard top is installed, There are two of them, and the wire hooks fit into holes on the hard top rear strip. The forward end is held to the front hard top stowage cavity wall with two rivets. Your photo looks like the proper location. The hard top cover (or tonneau) has a male snap connector that attaches to the spring-loaded female connector on the strap. See photos. You need to put a large washer under each rivet, or make up a support plate with holes at the proper location) to prevent the rivets from pulling through the web material. There can be a lot of pressure put on these straps from articles thrown onto the cover. (don’t do it!)

These straps can be made fairly easily using web material from hiking or climbing accessory straps. They are available just about everywhere. It looks like you have one to use as a template to make another. If not. let me know – I have made a couple from an original, and have the correct dimensions.

Best of luck,

Dave