[Tigers] Setting valve lash

Richard rcsphx1 at cox.net
Sun Aug 23 10:03:44 MDT 2015

'67 Tiger MKII 289, First time trying to adjust. Don't want to mess this up!

So, I went through the process of getting each valve to zero lash (after
letting the lifter bleed down) and then an additional 3/4 turn.  After
adjusting through the firing order, I checked the rockers and pushrods and
they were loose again.  Is this the normal condition?   I just checked my
workshop manual which says "valve clearance.. .082/.152  Clearance is set at
the valve stem tip with the hydraulic valve lifter collapsed".  Question .
so  there is supposed to be play at the valve after adjusting?