[Tigers] Carb Fire Continued

Gary Winblad garywinblad at comcast.net
Mon Aug 31 15:37:23 MDT 2015

Well...
I am definitely in the "has a history" camp.

When I bought my Tiger in 1971 I definitely had the problem.
In my case it was cold starts.  Every once in a while (well frequently)
but intermittently I would turn on the pump in the morning and hear
the familiar plink-plink sound... and hear the plink-plink sound...
and hear the...  well you get the idea.  Open hood and see the intake
manifold all wet and puddled.  It got so bad I just drove it that way,
fortunately it never caught fire.. surprisingly..  dumb kid!

I tried checking everything and several new inlet valves but it still
did it occasionally.  I didn't get it finally fixed until 1973 when I
bought a Holley that is still on the car.  Now of course Holley's have
their own fuel leak problems but never a stuck inlet valve...

Gary