[Tigers] Steering wheel

Smit, Theo Theo.Smit at garmin.com
Sun Mar 22 18:45:37 MDT 2015

This is probably scary to admit but I’ve never had a problem removing the steering wheel… I have the original wheel and a smaller leather wheel that I sometimes used for autocross, so I’ve gone back and forth a few times. I just undo the nut, wiggle (the wheel) a bit and it comes off. Biggest thing to watch for is that I don’t accidentally knock the adjustable part down the column. That would take a five minute task and extend it a LOT.

Andy, I recall those horn ring screws are like 10-32 or something like that? I’d worry about pulling the threads… on the other hand, given how easily mine comes off, you might be OK using those screw holes with a puller.

Good luck,
Theo