[Tigers] Motorola radio restoration

Randy Zimmermann zimme008 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 30 14:14:35 MDT 2015

I purchased a similar kit several years ago and had the radio rebuilt with digital AM/FM/Aux components and have never looked back. I saved the original internal organs for posterity.  I used a shop in Crystal, MN that was recommended by our MN Street Rod Association.  I'm sure you could find someone more local to you.
BTW, you can get a single speaker with dual cones to handle the stereo wiring if you choose to go that direction.  I think it was the late, great Steve Laifman that recommended using small marine speakers under the dash on port and starboard to expand the stereo sound.  I did this and love the results.  And no one can tell by looking at the set up.  Folks love the look of the LAT-72 installed at shows!
Randy Z.Duluth, MN