[Tigers] Front Hubs

Brian Glenn ora_archy at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 13 11:27:05 MDT 2015

I was told when I bought my pie mags that they require a spacer. I haven't yet pursued it since the car is far from that stage.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

From:"Tod Brown via Tigers" <tigers at autox.team.net>
Date:Sat, Sep 12, 2015 at 9:29 PM
Subject:[Tigers] Front Hubs

Hello All:

The other day, a friend who owns a Tiger II found that one of his pie mags would not
fit on one of the front hubs. In trying to figure out why, we took a hub off a Series V
Alpine that we have been dismantling and found that the mag would fit on that hub
very easily. I would have thought that the hubs used on the Tiger II's and the Series V
Alpines were the same and, as far as I can find, there is only one part number on the
Parts List, but they are slightly different. Can anyone offer any insight into this situation?

We also noticed that the brake discs on the Tiger II and the Alpine V were different, with
the Tiger disc being thicker but slightly smaller in diameter than those on the Alpine.

Are these just ordinary variations in manufactured parts of is there some other
explanation?

Thanks,

Tod
B382002384LRXFE