[Tigers] 1967 Tigers

Tod Brown todbrown at roadrunner.com
Thu Jul 14 16:28:31 MDT 2016

Whether a Tiger was designated a 1967 or 1966 model was a decision
usually left up to
the DMV in the state where the car was sold. My Tiger, for example,
which I bought on
October 15, 1966 in NY state, was registered as a 67. Its serial no. is
B382002384LRXFE.
Its birthday, IIRC, was actually August 29, 1966 according to the info
from Norm.
I have seen other Tigerswith later serial numbers which are registered
as 66's, so there
is little rhyme nor reason.

As others have noted, MkIA manufacture ended in late 1966.
Interestingly, from what
I have seen, MkII cars were being produced before MkIA production
ceased, so there
was some overlap. To my knowledge (and I am not infallible, as my wife
often points out)
all of the MkII's that came to the states were registered as 67's, even
though a few of
them may have been produced in 1966.

Tod Brown
B382002384LRXFE