[Tigers] Fender Badge Color

Terry Packer packertl3 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 23 13:46:37 MDT 2016

Attached is a close-up of the lettering on an NOS fender badge. Consistent with Buck's research, it is red. In addition, it appears to be a sort of translucent inlay flush with the finished badge surface. I will share that until this question was raised, I believed the badges on my own car had black lettering. But very close examination revealed remnants of the original red. Red paint or fingernail polish, even with a clear coat, would not seem a very good substitute for the original inlay.   If anyone can suggest a suitable way to renew this lettering I expect quite a few would be interested in hearing it.
Disclaimer - presented is one badge. I cannot say whether this design was installed on all models of every year.

Terry Packer9470018