[Tigers] Gas tank resealer

Ron Fraser rfraser at bluefrog.com
Mon Nov 7 07:53:15 MST 2016

Curt

                This is not a difficult process to do it yourself.    Eastwood and others have tank sealer kits.  I believe most or all of those kits are now alcohol resistant but you need to check.

If you don’t want to use an acid type rust remover use an EvapoRust type product, they work very well to remove just the rust.  I have also used a pressure washer to remove gunk from the inside of a tank once but I’m not sure that will work well with these tanks.

I used some sharp stones to shake around my tanks to remove the loose coating.   I don’t remember using any rust remover product and I used Bill Hirsch tank sealer.

Ron Fraser