[Tigers] Road Candy

Bill Martin tigerfixer at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 27 18:38:35 MST 2016

Michael and anyone that wants to read this :)
Hard to believe but it is easier, the teeth on the bar are straight cut, not at an angle like stock and the Helix (twist in the pinion) is less than stock. I have had Number three in three different Tigers that I have owned, I wrote an article for the STOA newsletter about the first quick ratio steering racks that were developed by Doane Spencer and Gordon Schroeder and my current reproduction. The article will go up on our website when it is published. I needed a quick rack for my race car Tiger, I don't like the MG Midget setup as it is hard to turn and you lose turning radius. With MGB steering arms on drop spindles and straight inner tie rod ends on my Tiger you could do a u turn with one finger, this is with 205 55 13 Avon Cr 500 tires on 7.5 in rims on the front. Lots of people have driven my Tiger and they can all attest as to how good it steers. My quick rack Number M-Three was a bit worn out as it was first in Bob Reiser's Bomber auto cross Tiger, then in Norm's beater Tiger then in my Red Tiger then my Green Tiger then my Current Black beater Tiger. The pinion was worn but other than that it was ok. The new ones are made of 4140 HT and were built by an OEM rack Manufacturer.Bill